- This event has passed.
Who Unplugged the Cord?
Free Registration – Limited Capacity
May 17 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm ET
Virtual Workshop Description
How do you balance screens and families in a uber-digital world? How do you manage a hyper-connected kid? How do you plant/replant seeds in your kid for the future? This interactive workshop will equip and empower you with strategic and practical tools to answer these questions and many more. Come ready to plug in and discover the realities of human engagement.
In this virtual workshop you will:
- Discuss the strength and influence of engagement in youth work
- Interact vividly with the needs of an individual
- Identify the barriers derailing the growth of youth and families
- Receive interactive and strategic tools to increase the ‘hyper’ bond between parents/caregivers and their child
- Learn how to repackage time
- Interact with tools of activation for change in youth and family connections.
- Learn how to advance engagement between youth and parents/caregivers for future change and long-term prevention in our communities
Paul Short has over two decades of Human Services experience in a variety of different roles including management and coordination in distinct sectors including business, government, and non-profit. He is a certified Master Trainer and Facilitator through Iowa State University Extension and Outreach.
Additionally, he is an ordained minister and self-em- employed as a Personal and Business Coach. When not traveling the country, Paul enjoys volunteering for global service organizations.