- This event has passed.
The Power of Positivity
Maslow Was Definitely on to Something!
April 28, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm ET
This interactive workshop combines Maslow’s Heirarchy of Need with Dr. Joann Cannon’s 15 Risk Factors for High Level Wellness in a background of popular music lyrics to help participants de-stress and focus their energy on living well. Activities and sing-along fun enhance this important learning experience.
In this workshop:
• Participants will learn how to make a “Yes I Can Plan” which will help then ensure that their basic
needs are met.
• Participants will understand the importance of having a family budget, getting regular check-ups, and
• coping with the stress in their lives so that their safety needs are met.
• Participants will practice strategies such as performing random acts of kindness which will help them
meet their social needs.
• Participants will begin to develop esteem-building habits.
• Participants will understand that practicing self-expression and embracing their uniqueness are
important steps to achieving personal fulfillment.
Donna Minnix Proctor is currently the Executive Director of Grace Network, a crisis intervention center in Martinsville. She also served for seven years as the Executive Director of the Bedford Community Health Foundation, a health legacy foundation with the mission of helping to make Bedford one of the healthiest communities in Virginia, since January of 2006. Prior to that appointment, she worked for Virginia Tech, as an Extension Agent, and for the Virginia Department of Health, as a Community Health Educator. Donna obtained her BS and MS degrees from VA Tech and has extensive training in teambuilding, conflict management, and strategic planning. Donna lives in Franklin County on her family farm, Briarwood, with her husband of 37 years, four horses, and two fuzzy black cats. In her spare time she enjoys writing plays and romance novels, acting in amateur theater, and riding her purple Harley Davidson motorcycle.