New Emerging Triangle: Tobacco, E-Cigs, and Marijuana (Part 1)
May 18 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm ET
This training focuses on the intersection of tobacco, electronic cigarettes and marijuana as well as new electronic delivery systems for both nicotine and other substances. This changing landscape, especially among youth includes e-cigarettes, hookah pens, vape pens and mods delivering flavored nicotine liquids: new heat-not-burn products that produce fumes, flavored little cigars, both regular and electronic; synthetic marijuana and liquid THC, which can aerosolized. The session will also include new FDA regulations on deemed tobacco products.
In this workshop you will:
- Describe the new paradigm of the intersection of tobacco, electronic cigarettes and marijuana as well as new electronic devices and the delivery system for both nicotine and other substances.
- Review all the new electronic cigarettes, hookah pens, vape pens,
and mods delivering flavored nicotine liquids.
- Describe electronic devices using synthetic marijuana and
liquid THC and the produced aerosolize.
- Discuss the health impacts of using these devices–nicotine, marijuana, chemical con- tents, addiction, body systems affected, etc.
- Describe the health risks of exposure of secondhand aerosol, especially among youth and various vulnerable population groups.
- Examine the issue of child poisoning related to exposure to e-liquid nicotine.
- Discuss marketing strategies–who is involved and what are the target audiences?
- Discuss current regulations and policies –describe in detail the new federal FDA regulations.
You must complete both days to receive a certificate.
This is a two part (2 day workshop). You will be registered for both parts of this workshop when you submit your information below. The log in link you will receive will be used for both days. You must complete both Part 1 and Part 2 to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Event registration for this Empower Series Workshop has been closed due to reaching it’s capacity limit.