- This event has passed.
Grant Writing 101
May 10, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm ET
This Empower Series virtual workshop is designed to help attendees determine realistic costs for proposed projects, ideas for finding data and other tips to ensure attention to detail for presenting the best argument and scenario for funding.
In this workshop attendees will:
- learn what to emphasize when seeking funding for your project with state and local funders.
- learn how the history of the organization, leadership and staff responsibilities, and data of the community can play a significant role in funding decisions.
- learn how establishing a network and rapport with partners is important in positioning your grant request.
- learn to understand common mistakes grantees make.
This workshop is recommended for:
- Individuals with limited experience in grant writing
- Smaller organizations with limited funding opportunities
- Grassroots organizations interested in learning about grant writing opportunities
- New Board members of nonprofit organizations interested in increasing their understanding of the grant writing process
Valerie Liggins Law
Program Officer at a place-based Health Legacy Foundation
Valerie Liggins Law has 30 years of experience working in the Human Service field in the area of Juvenile Justice, Behavioral Health, and Philanthropy. Locally and nationally, Valerie has facilitated numerous sessions, workshops, and trainings in the area of Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment, Social Skills Development, Coalition Building, Board Governance, Strategic Planning, Program Implementation and Sustainability and Trauma Informed Care (ACEs). She is a consultant in her spare time on the content areas of coalition building, strategic planning, board governance, grant writing and community health needs assessments. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, with a Masters of Social Work Degree and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology.