5 Languages of Appreciation at Work (Part 1)
November 16 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
This Empower Series event is presented by The Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth and Prevention Connections.
Most employee engagement survey results show that employees do not feel appreciated and feel undervalued. Managers may feel uncomfortable showing appreciation and may not know how appreciate their employees in ways that will feel authentic. Understanding how people want and need to be appreciated will help leaders and teams more effectively be able to ensure people feel appreciated and valued. Learn the five languages of appreciation and what they look like, the concepts of appreciation and encouragement and discover how important they are in the workplace. Learn how to have those conversations through skills practice and planning for how you can implement on a day to day basis in your working environment.
Learn your own language of appreciation by taking the Motivating By Appreciation Inventory. This workshop will equip you with practical strategies to show appreciation with confidence.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn about what really matters to drive intrinsic motivation
- Understand the role and importance of appreciation in the workplace
- Learn how you can identify and provide authentic appreciation to your employees
- Learn the core components necessary for appreciation and encouragement to be effectively communicated in work-based relationships
- Learn about and practically apply the 5 languages of appreciation utilized in the workplace
This two-part workshop is instructed by Bernadette Costello.
Registration is limited to 20 attendees.
Registration is closed for this workshop.